At Warwick Hockey Club we have extensive coaching resources. We have four level two coaches and ten level one coaches. Our two principal coaches Dave Bryce (Seniors) and Paul Williams (Juniors) bring with them a wealth of playing and coaching experience, ably assisted by our player coaches where required. They ensure all ability levels in the club receive quality, well structured coaching and training.
Training starts between August and Mid-September depending upon your preference and continues throughout the winter season ending around the end of March.
Christmas period training break.
We will stop training sessions over the Christmas period as follows:
- Juniors: last session on Wednesday 20th December - start again on Wednesday 10th January.
- Ladies: last session on Wednesday 13th December - start again on Wednesday 10th January.
- Men's : last session on Tuesday 12th December - start again on Tuesday 9th January
Full training for this 2017/18 season.
Normal full training on the new surfaces laid at our Warwick School pitches.
- Men’s 1s / 2s: Tuesday 7:00-9:00pm (starts 5th September 2017 to end of March 2018).
- Men’s 3s / 4s / 5s: Tuesday 7:30-9:00pm (starts 5th September 2017 to end of March 2018).
- Women’s 1s / 2s: Wednesday 7:00-9:00pm (starts 6th September 2017 to end of March 2018).
- Women’s 3s / 4s / 5s: Wednesday 7:15-9:00pm (starts 6th September 2017 to end of March 2018).
- Juniors 5-13: Wednesday 6:30-7:30pm (starts 6th September 2017 to end of March 2018). (Currently full, please contact us for details)
- U16s / U18s: Training sessions are arranged to suit preparation for EHB competitions.
We are looking for players/parents who would like to gain a qualification in hockey to be able to coach. As a Club we will fund you as long as you put something back in the way of coaching. There are various qualifications from beginner to advanced which can all be found on www.englandhockey.co.uk. If you are an existing qualified coach we would like you progress and get further advanced qualifications.
We have various opportunities for coaches and we would like as many people as possible to gain qualifications. We have identified some courses that we encourage members and friends of our club to consider volunteering for, see the list of courses here and contact us to let Dave Bryce know if you are interested.
Our Coaching Team
We always welcome new players.
We cater for players of all abilities, providing excellent coaching and playing opportunities. So please come along and make yourself known to the lead coach at the session. Or contact us for more information.
Juniors Lead Coach
Supporting Coaching Team
Women's 2 Coach
Juniors Assistant Coach
Women's 3, 4 & 5 Coach
Juniors Assistant Coach
Find out more about us, get involved. Socialize, Exercise, Energize